-->

viernes, junio 08, 2007

Ya esta, part 1

I haven't had time to update my blog since the mid-terms, and there's a very good reason for that. Three good reasons, really, viz. Nike, Telefonica and AT&T. We finally finished all the reports in time (much to everyone's surprise) and had the respective presentations over the last week.

AT&T (for Corporate Finance) went pretty well considering it was a merger negotiation, and although we did expect to run into trouble, both our team and the other behaved like adults, so no complaints. Call me biased but I feel ours was by far the best presentation in the class!

Nike (for Operations Strategy) was actually quite fun, with the EMEA Operations Director sitting with us in the classroom as team presented their analysis and recommendations for the project, and then rounded everything off by giving us some very good insights and tips from his experience. He was even nice enough to bring Nike caps for everyone (prompting "so this is what you do with unsold inventory" from some bright spark in class). Needless to say pictures were clicked with the entire class looking like a big advertisement for Nike. While I don't have the class pics yet, here's some of us showing off our gifts -



Finally, Telefonica (for Competitive Strategy) went well considering I wasn't picked to present the project - it was a lucky draw so only the really "lucky" ones got to present.

That's it... that was the last lecture and report for the whole of the 1st year. I can't believe 1 whole year has passed already, and come Tuesday - after 2 days of exams might I add, people will go off on their summer internships and then on exchange, so I'm not going to see some of my closest friends well until January next year... it sucks!

One last thing before I go - a couple of pictures of my section (A) and my team (A1) that we took some time back. Melissa, Victor, Joris, Mario - I'm gonna miss you guys! Go kick some ass and see you in Jan 08!








I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives