-->

lunes, diciembre 12, 2005

I somehow dislike uneventful weekends, and I just had one. On the bright side, my parents had come over to visit me and I ended up talking about the one thing that I’ve been avoiding confrontation with – finances for the MBA (the bright side was the home-made food). “Here’s how it is – I have some savings, a partial scholarship and an enormous bank loan to fund my MBA”, I tried reasoning. What I had failed to consider (rather avoided thinking about) was the enormity of the bank loan. Well let’s just say that it’s enough to buy a piece of prime real estate in Mumbai – where prices are among the highest in the world.

I know I can bank on a loan to fund my studies, but it’s going to be at the cost of putting the house we live in up as collateral. I’m not entirely comfortable with that. I wish that the school that I was admitted in had a tie up with a bank which would provide a collateral-free loan, but who says you get everything you want? I know for a fact that the other school that I haven’t yet heard from *has* one, but then they better have one, - the course is effing costly. (And I haven’t heard from them yet, so I still don’t know which country I’m going to end up in. Arrgh I hate uncertainty.)

Finally, it took enough probing from my dad for me to finally blurt out the plain fact. That if something went wrong, and god forbid I wasn’t able to finish my MBA (an illness? may be a calamity?) or I didn’t get a job after graduation (which I didn’t want to consider as both schools where I had applied were among the best) there was no bloody way I could pay back the loan, without working like an ass all my life. There. I’ve finally said it.

There’s no point dwelling on it too much. How many people drop out of a top-class MBA anyways?

Btw, people who like gore and guts and stomach churning stuff in their films, please watch Wrong Turn. Whetted my appetite alright.


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives