-->

lunes, enero 02, 2006

Two things jolted me out of my post-party-pre-hangover state yesterday. The first was when I read that the Y chromosome was on a decline and that in environ 225000 years from now, the male species would be extinct. Not that any of us will be around to witness that, but the possibilities are immense!

“Imagine the sale of dildos”, chips in my friend. Now, I’m nowhere close to an expert on either sex toys or genetics, so pardon my ignorance when I say, WTF?!! Would females mutate i.e. turn hermaphrodites to fill in the gap? Would we be able to replicate sperm? Clearly, if you are gonna be working 225000 years from now, BioTech is the place to be!

The second thing that jolted me was, well, more surprising than the first one. Sonia Gandhi was elected as the NDTV Indian of the Year. Now I’m not about to waste any lines on my political stance, but the news is a biggie considering Sonia Gandhi was born Sonia Maino, an Italian wedded into the illustrious (?) Gandhi family. It’s surprising because when it comes to accepting an “outsider” into the family, Indians are generally a suspicious lot. Even more astounding is the fact that the most votes in favour of Ms. Gandhi came from the rural population, the poor, illiterate folk and not the educated, socially aware, broad minded (so to speak) lot.

And whether or not she deserves to be made Indian of the Year over and above the other stalwarts in the line up is the subject matter for a different post, I’m just glad that Ms. Gandhi’s perseverance finally seems to have paid off (she could’ve just gone back to Italy after her husband was assassinated), and that we, as Indians, have yet another Indian to call our own.


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives