-->

viernes, febrero 10, 2006

It's things like these that get me upset. First it's my office server that has blocked anything and everything to do with blogger. So I write this nice long post about things on my mind (including some funny stuff - lest anyone complain that my blog's "boring"), sent it to myself so I could access it from a cafe, and then in a haste to leave work, deleted it with a bunch of other junk mails.

Anyways, for the people interested, I've put in my papers. It's a little too soon, but this is my notice period and my last day is actually well into April. I realise April itself is too soon, considering the course (do I talk about anything else lately??) starts in September, but -

a) It's been five long years since I've taken a real break (it's always been a Oh-I-gotta-attend-a-wedding break or I-gotta-study break). This time around the only thing on agenda is: unwind. Possibly in Goa. And work out - my "new" year's resolution!

b) Well everyone, repeat, everyone that I have been in touch with seems to suggest that studying as much Spanish and refreshing as much of Financial Accounting are must-do activities before I start IESE in September. May be I could use my break do that as well?

Funny thing is, I could have given the guys at work a month's notice and walked out a free man. But no, I gave them TWO (partly out of the goodness of my heart). So what do these guys do? They tell me "it's too short a notice period and could I please extend it a little." I think two months is a perfectly good time to find a replacement for someone on Mars, I don't know what these guys are talking about.

Recent update: I had a meeting with my super-boss and guess what? Everything's hunky dory. I'm out as planned.

2 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives