-->

jueves, abril 06, 2006

It’s been hectic over the last few weeks. Regulars to this blog will know that I stop working soon, so the last few weeks have been fraught with handover sessions, updates and up-issues of documents, lunches, photo-taking sessions (for posterity’s sake), and other mind-numbing formalities at work. One of these was my exit interview which happened a couple of days ago.

I need to put this in perspective. I don’t hate my company. In fact, almost everything that I have today – work experience, the chance to live abroad, even friends that I’ll probably cherish life-long. So don’t mistake my anger for hatred. After about six years that I have worked for these guys, I gave the HR a two-month notice period, so they had a good 60 days to look at my file and know that I was quitting to join a B-school. Through half the exit interview that lasted for roughly 40 minutes, Miss HR kept asking me why is it that I was planning to join another company. It was after I pointed out that I wasn’t quitting for another job, did she actually open the file and check.

Honestly, I don’t understand if these guys don’t read what’s in front of them, or they are so self absorbed that employees are nothing but a folder on the computer. There, I’m sorry for the rant but I think it was called for.

On a lighter note, something happened a few days ago that almost killed me – with laughter. I’ve got this friend at work who’s genuinely nice but has quirky vocabulary. For example, if we are to have a 3-way conference, instead of “pulling” the next person in to the conference, this woman says things like “Oh wait, let me flash him”. So imagine my surprise when one fine day, while talking about horses, she says to me “Ashwin, if you buy a horse, do you promise to ride me??”. Hang on. Why do I need to buy a horse for that?

6 Comments:

  • you pervert ;)

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 2:08 p. m.  

  • way to go Ashwyn...I hope this anonymous is not the one you mentioned ;))

    By Blogger Varun Gautam, at 3:17 p. m.  

  • maybe she really meant it this way ...

    but, hey if you buy a horse, I wanna ride it too !!! (not you, you had your chance :p )

    By Blogger Nefisa, at 2:29 a. m.  

  • Anon - Can't say I deny that :-)

    Varun - Haha, I hope not!

    Nef - Hey I thought you believed in second chances too!! :P

    By Blogger Ashwyn, at 5:34 a. m.  

  • I couldnt decide what was more hilarious - the one abt the HR chick (if she is..) or the horse one !
    But what amazes me is how everywhere the HR guys manage to be so dumb. Anyways, good to see you back & hope, there are more posts now that you dont have office work..

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 12:26 p. m.  

  • Ashwyn don't be too surprised. Some girls want you to have a Porsche to ride them, other just a horse. It's a matter of tastes. Anyway beware, I think she only wants your body! :)
    Hey, cool if u want to put a link to my blog!

    By Blogger George, at 9:27 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives