-->

sábado, abril 29, 2006

Vacations rock - especially the kinds that are all paid for! My entire family, i.e. my parents, sis, bro-in-law and my nephew were supposed to go for this weeklong vacation to Alibaug. But as fate would have it, my mum and nephew fell ill due to which my sis couldn't join us and my bro-in-law's company had to choose that very week to send him to Switzerland so eventually it was just my dad (who was supposed to work anyways, it wasn't a vacation for him), his colleague (a demure looking chick) and I who ended up going.

Of course I couldn't back out - I didn't want to! Who'd let go of the opportunity to stay in a starred hotel, eat, drink and swim as much as you want, and be driven around in a chauffered car for a week? So to cut a long story short, I had a semi-luxury vacation by myself, and it's seem to have done me atleast some good! Pictures tell the story below -

This first collage is of downtown Mumbai, with the Gateway of India and the Taj Intercontinental in all their glory.




This one below was taken at the hotel that we stayed at. One of the best parts was since it's owned by my mum's best friend, everything I ordered as room service was libré.. free! Wish I'd known earlier :P




Finally, these two collages below try to do justice to the Janjira fort in a sleepy beach town called Murud. Built in the middle of the sea, this fort has a history of being unconquered to date - that's about 300 years! The only way to get there is with the help of a locally run boat service, which uses boats that people manually row.. and whose floor is so low that you're sitting literally six inches above the sea. For someone who can't swim (read: me), it can get pretty scary when the sea's rough but it was a definitely a memorable experience!




Built on 22 acres of rock jutting out of the sea, this fort even has access to 3 underground springs that used to provide drinking water to its inhabitants, right in the middle of the sea! And although it's clearly crumbling, as you can see, it's still in a surprisingly good condition given its age.





Well, that's about it. Wish I could have more of such vacations! Where do I go next? Let me see...

2 Comments:

  • Ashwin...
    U lucky @#$%^!!!
    Wish my mum & dad had such frnds..
    Best pic is the one where ur grinning away in the pool..

    But way to go...xactly what I wud do if I quit..:)

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 6:42 a. m.  

  • Haha, thanks Roche! The pool, amidst 22 acres of coconut trees, mango trees, with a cool breeze wafting, the hammocks, good books..It was blissful alright!

    That reminds me, I better call her up and say Thank you!

    By Blogger Ashwyn, at 7:34 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives