-->

miércoles, junio 28, 2006

Update time! I know I've been a bit lax in updating this blog but I blame it entirely on my unending list of things to do, plus a false family emergency that sent me scurrying off in all directions. I hope my sole reader hasn't given up on me yet.

Anyways to get things started, I just received this from IESE -




For those who have a sight problem (like I do), it's a fancy-ish box containing a pen-drive (512 megs), a pencil and a card holder, all branded by IESE. While it's not much to look at, the information that the pen-drive contains is practically invaluable for someone like me who's about to start school. So thanks to this, I now know that -

* Pre-term now starts on the 30th of August and not the 1st of September as I previously imagined.

* The first day itself has a Spanish entry level test. Gee, I can hardly wait.

* We have roughly a squillion hours of Spanish during September.

* The other precourses, viz. Introduction to Financial Accounting and Basic Quantitative Methods begin mid-September-ish.

* The pace really kicks up end September when we'll actually have all the incoming students present at the campus (including those exempt from the Spanish and other pre-courses, or as we say in India, Lucky Souls) to witness the Dean's welcome, a tete-a-tete with Career Services and an Investment Banking seminar(?).

Apart from this, the pen-drive also contains a thick student handbook (thick when you print it out, like I did) that covers almost everything that you'd need to know before you hit school, indepth details of the Business Spanish programme and other pre-courses and a set of documents dedicated entirely to Career Services, which talks about resume writing, the career-services handbook and some pre-course work required to be done by students to aid the CS.

The wheels are definitely in motion.

Filed in:

5 Comments:

  • Mate..congrats. Take no prisoners and kick ass when you get there. Take a leaf from their proud footie team.

    - Ramy

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 7:46 a. m.  

  • Thanks for the post - as an incoming student at IESE as well - been waiting to hear when would be receiving all that info. Look forward to meeting you in August.

    - Jon Zurick

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 12:00 a. m.  

  • Ramy - What a surprise! Hope you're kicking ass in your new job.


    Jon - I've seen you on forum too, and thanks for stopping by. I'll see you in September!

    By Blogger Ashwyn, at 6:23 a. m.  

  • Not really. Still grappling with numbers. :(

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 7:21 a. m.  

  • I just left IESE with the class of 2006, but I would return in a heart beat! Great to read all your "Pre Moving To Spain" experiences, I which I had kept a blog then! Looking forward to reading your stories once you at IESE

    By Blogger Geijn, at 8:23 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives