-->

viernes, septiembre 01, 2006

Baby steps in Espanol

For the Nth time, I BARELY SPEAK SPANISH. I don't know how I ended up in the level that I did, maybe someone overwrote my test. Maybe one of the professors took fancy at me. I don't know. What I do know is that I'm clearly in a level that I maybe shouldn't be in.

For starters, I'm surrounded by people who, apart from being extremely nice, are either Brazilians, Portuguese, have studied Espanol for a while and/or have been living and working in Spain for the last few years. I'm the underdog.

Sure, I'm good at conjugating verbs in all possible tenses. But like the say about the proof of the pudding - when it comes to speaking Spanish, I plain suck. I had a word with the prof about this, but he seemed confident that I'd catch up, and if he's being so confident about someone who he's met like once, I think maybe I can try harder. One thing about him and the classes though - he's impressive. Maintaining the interest of a bunch of guys in a language class for 8 hours at a stretch each day for the next I-dont-know-how-many days is a task that he excels at. When it comes to hiring professors, IESE doesn't like to fool around.

The plus point though is that I finish Spanish lessons in the first trimester, so when it comes to grappling with Quantitative Methods in Management, I don't have Tenga, Tengas, Tenga, Tengamos, Tengais, Tengan running around in my head.

Filed in:

3 Comments:

  • Hey Ash,
    It all sounds so very exciting..its good that ur grappling with stuff other than CP's & DP's ..:)
    The beach sounds lovely.. how far is it from UK? I wanna come and visit..:)
    Tk care and keep in touch..
    Roch

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 11:46 a. m.  

  • Ashwin is talking nonsense! He secretly is fluent in Spanish. I think he may be a Spaniard masquerading as an Indian...

    Yours Truly,

    A sad Level 1 student

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 10:23 p. m.  

  • Do not worry about spanish man! But you are right. It sucks having lessons every 3 days the 1st year (at least that is what everybody said :) In my case I actually decreased my spanish level this year...and I am a local!
    See you in a month

    By Blogger Marcusrodri, at 11:51 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives