-->

martes, septiembre 12, 2006

La vie est belle

To plagiarize un amigo mio de Estados Unidos, Life is Beautiful. That's about the extent of my plagiarization for 2 reasons - a) not my style and b) I don't hope to match the literary talents of MBA students moonlighting as bestselling writers.

Coming back to the point though, life, presently has been close to perfect. Work load's bearable (considering the fact that we only have to deal with about 7 hours of Spanish per day) with a little bit of excitement thrown in in the form of exams. I've got one in less than 15 hours, although that doesn't stop me from being online. After all, how much Espanyol can one hope to study by himself?

Anyways, a few incidents that captured my attention this week. First up, was my fairly expensive Spanish lesson with a haircut thrown in for free. I went to this rather fancy looking peluqueria to get a hair-cut ("you should do something about it.. it looks like a wig"), as they (boldly) advertised on the outside - Cut and Wash: 7.95 euros. After about an hour and a half and a conversation in Spanish that would shame a 3 year old, did I find a sign about 2 inches wide next to the cashier that said "Corte Caballero (Haircut for men) - 14.95 euros". Why in their right senses, would they charge more for cutting a man's hair is beyond me. To add insult to injury, they charged extra for putting some rotten gel on my head! Not that 20 euros is a lot of money, but it does hurt a bit when you're expecting to pay 10 and have to pay double.



Not that I'm complaining though. I had 2 random people complement me today. Guess I'll go back there.

Next up is the amazing cultural awareness of me and hang-out club. We were crossing La Sagrada Familia,



where I was telling this friend whatever precious little that I know about the church, we suddenly saw this poster proclaiming that Missy Elliot was about to perform in Barcelona. The enthusiasm with which we changed subjects left me dumbstruck and fairly glad. I'm not alone out here.

Finally, an acknowledgement going out to my-friend-who-shall-remain-nameless for cooking the most exquisite Chino-Japanese dinner that I've tasted in a long, long time.

Oh, and I learnt to write my name in Mandarin. How cool is that!
Filed in:

2 Comments:

  • "La vie est Bell"...."To plagiarize un amigo mio de Estados Unidos."

    My CataSpanglish Poison has another victim...the corruption of literary correctness and logical grammar ha comenzado. Whats up with that picture? Wanna be anonymous too?

    By Blogger Your Name, at 10:06 p. m.  

  • hey, that looks an alright haircut.you've got to send me the *uncut*pic, so i can have a decent picture of you on my wall. (otherwise I put back one of your *blonde* period for everyone to see :p )

    By Blogger Nefisa, at 1:24 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives