-->

jueves, septiembre 21, 2006

The Pre-courses saga

Getting back to books after 6 years is painful. I somehow got myself to study for the GMAT without giving much thought to how difficult it was going to be for me to get into the study mode again, so allow me to repeat what I've already stated - it's not easy!!

This week started with the 2 optional pre-courses offered by the school - Introductory Financial Accounting and Basic Quantitative Methods, both designed to help accounting-and-numerically-challenged students (like yours truly) to be in the same step as the rest of the whizkids. Having studied Accounting roughly 200 years ago (well seems like it anyway), I thought "Bah, this is chicken sh*t, I'm gonna crack this!". The only thing I managed to crack was my skull while butting my head against the wall trying hard to crack even the easy-peasy problems, all the while wondering how the hell I managed to do the same back in college.

Quant is another story altogether. Inherently, I have something against probability, and guess what shows up in the very first lecture? Fortunately I'm trying to convince myself that it's not as boring as it seems and I seem to be succeeding to quite an extent.

One thing that has changed in this week, that's starkly different from the previous weeks is my workload. If previously we "only" had Intensive Spanish classes for 7 hours, this week it's Accounting, Quant AND Spanish. Naturally each professor wishes to keep his students busy by giving homework, so out goes mad partying, dinners that last hours and extended conversations on the campus after class. Lately it's more like wake up, go to school, attend classes, try to grasp as much as possible, rush home, do homework (which usually goes on till 0100 hrs) and sleep. And to think that when actual MBA classes start, the workload's going to double. Gee, what fun!

p.s. I do hope to recover over the weekend all that I've had to forgo over the week.
Filed in:

3 Comments:

  • I envy yu! :) I wud kill to do tat ya! Wherez the pep talk mail? need some inspiration and fast! Btw, I never get Probability either! Its alwez been pure rote para mi!

    Y tengo mi examen en el 14 Octobre.

    By Blogger Anya, at 8:22 p. m.  

  • Si, those clases de acontabilidad must be such a dolor!

    Once nosotros obtener sus NIE papeles, I'll head off to the Bogatellan beaches and be thinking about you!

    By Blogger Your Name, at 11:04 p. m.  

  • I also had a hard time this week as an engineer who had seen accounting on another life almost. Mention the nice part: we've learnt a lot, and are prepared for the courses that built on this, which are coming during the semester. The teachers has been both excellent. Made very good use of our time, no doubt - in the sense that they have used every minute of class, the whole 75 mins is a rush!

    See you around!

    By Blogger Venturello, at 9:20 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives