-->

jueves, octubre 19, 2006

Day of Fiascos

Clearly, something wasn't right today. The first lecture (Corporate Financial Accounting) went off like a Ferrari doing 180 on the freeway. Was it just me in the class going "Huh?" or is there anyone else out there? One thing I know for sure - I don't like Italian companies any more. Atleast the way they do accounting. Although I must admit that it was a laugh when one of the Italian women in my class went "... those crazy Italians!".

Next up was Managerial Communications, which generally tends to go well. Not today. It was my turn to speak to the class about a topic of my choice (The Google-YouTube wedding), and while everyone else seemed to finish their speeches / presentations in the allocated 5 minutes, I rambled on for about 12 odd minutes until the Prof had to actually jut in to stop me from taking any more time. And to think that last night when I went over the presentation out loud in the confines of my room, it took 4.5 minutes. Bizarre.

Finally, it was the lunch break that took the cake. I was trying to subscribe to the latest additions in the list of corporate presentations on campus when, on clicking save, I got a little pop-up that said "You have successfully deleted 16 presentations". And to think there isn't a DELETE button on the damn web page! I was about to lose my cool when thankfully someone from the career services made sure that they re-subscribed me to almost all the presentations that I wanted to go for. Only later did I find out that it wasn't just me in the boat.

Hope everything's back to normal from tomorrow on.

Filed in:

1 Comments:

  • Funny, my MACOM presentation was also on Google-Youtube, and it also ran long. In 10 minutes the prof had to stop me... shame on me for not preparing that better!

    By Blogger Venturello, at 10:55 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives