-->

domingo, abril 22, 2007

In other news...

>> This blogger has been down with a spate of illnesses. First it was cold, then cough, then fever, then every kind of -itis you can think of (gingivitis, bronchitis etc etc) and once I recovered from that, I got the stomach bug that kept me throwing up like there was no tomorrow. For some time I wondered if I should be reading my cases in the bathroom instead of going back and forth. But all's well that ends well so no complaints!

>> I had the amazing chance to meet Mr. Narayan Murthy, who among other achievements, founded Infosys. He is on IESE's board of directors and some 30 of us had a chance to hear him speak and answer questions over breakfast, and it was fascinating to hear his views on the strategy of Infosys, the growth of emerging markets and the competitive advantage of Europe. I'll post some pics if I can lay my hands on them.

>> Whoever said Term 3 was easy or laid-back or relaxed or any other adjective meaning the same needs to see me a.s.a.p. It's all a bunch of cleverly packed lies to make us feel better. In fact, apart from your standard cases and pop-quizzes, this term we have to deal with, on an average, 3 assignments to be submitted per week.

The fact that some of them are team assignments doesn't really help, as you end up working for all of them, lest you get left behind. The only saving grace is that we have a bunch of holidays this term, so there are only 3 weeks in the entire term where we have classes all 5 days a week, so there's some breathing space left.

>> Oh I forgot. There's another thing that makes it harder to concentrate on studies, and that's the weather. It's so good, there're no words to describe it. It's April and the temperature's already hitting the 20s, which means that it's going to be a hot hot summer. ¡Welcome to Barcelona baby!

Etiquetas: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hi Ashwyn,
    Been following your blog for a while now. I am from India and have a few questions regarding IESE. Could you share your email id so that I can mail you?

    Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 1:45 p. m.  

  • Anonymous -

    Have you applied to IESE already? If so, you can contact me from the 2007 forum.

    If not, please mail me at ashwin.joshi@iese.net

    Cheers

    By Blogger Ashwyn, at 3:38 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives