-->

domingo, septiembre 02, 2007

En Route

My first time in Finland (I'm flying back home via Helsinki), and I only get to see the airport. Bah, well. I'm sitting by a window overlooking the airstrip, next to the woods, and you'll only have to take my word on how beautiful everything is (since I didn't get my camera and am dangerously low on my mobile battery, I can't take pictures).

My last day at work was pretty uneventful - apart from the fact that there was suddenly some work to be handed in, which by now has become du jour. Later that day I had a chance to chat with some other people from IESE who had done consulting internships at other companies, and I wasn't surprised to hear that a few of them didn't have a lot to do during their entire duration at their respective firms - it's August and everyone's on holiday... the consultants, their clients, everyone.

In comparison I consider myself lucky to have worked on 2 very hectic projects. Apart from that, I'm also helping my employers out with other activiies at IESE where they would like to be involved, such as sponsoring events, participating in the career forum, organizing activities with other clubs etc. Hopefully all this should help me gain some brownie points while pitching for a full time job.

Alright, that's it. I have an hour and a half more of waiting for my flight home, which I intend to waste in doing mindless games on the web and watching people. Feels good to be doing nothing for a while.

I know I'm gonna be bored soon.

Etiquetas:

1 Comments:

  • Hi Ashwyn,

    This is Nitin. I have shortlisted IESE as one of the schools I would be applying for MBA. I've read your blog thoroughly and in fact, after reading your experiences, I had finalised on IESE.

    I had a query though and would be grateful if you can help. There are 5 deadlines for IESE. Since I'm applying to other schools too, it would be convenient to me if I apply to IESE in second round.

    Obviously as with other schools, the later the deadline, the more difficult an admit becomes (read: competition increases).

    Just wanted to know is that the case for IESE too, considering it has 5 rounds.

    In addition, since I had my undergrad in English only, will I be exempted from TOEFL?

    You can either reply here or mail me at nitin.pulyani@gmail.com

    Thanks a lot in Advance,
    Nitin.

    By Blogger The Teacher, at 8:55 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home


I, Me, Myself

Indian. MBA. IESE. Barcelona. Need I say more?
Bestsellers..
  • Noelle(IESE 07)
  • Susan (IESE 08)
  • Francois (IESE 08)
  • Owen (IESE 08)
  • Pradeep (IESE 07)
  • Francis (IESE 07)
  • George (IESE 07)
  • Varun (IESE 08)
  • Zingy (NUS 08)
  • Nef
  • Domodomo @ Insead
  • Zanat0s @ Insead
  • Conditional Reality
  • Post Secret
  • Archives